- Bloomberg: Star Chef Jose Andrés Unveils Mercado Little Spain at Hudson Yards
- CNN: José Andrés is at it again! He's Feeding Thousands in Guatemala After the Volcano Eruption
- EATER: José Andrés and World Central Kitchen Are Feeding Thousands in Guatemala
- MizMaryland: The Power of a Humble Plate of Food to Offer Hope, Love, Care & Connection
- wtop: Small Plates, Big Mission: José Andrés — From Chef to Humanitarian
- WAMU 88.5: “Washington Was My Place to Belong”: Chef José Andrés Reflects on 25 Years in D.C.
- EATER:José Andrés Is Releasing His Book About Feeding Puerto Rico This Fall
- FOOD & WINE: José Andrés’ Tufts Commencement Speech Made Us Laugh and Made Us Cry
- CNN: José Andrés: 'Maybe we Need to Have More Chefs in the Senate and Congress'
- Food & Wine: You Need to Watch José Andrés' TED Talk on How He Fed Puerto Rico
- Food & Wine: José Andrés and Chrissy Teigen Honored at City Harvest Gala
TEDxMidAtlantic: Creativity in Cooking Can Solve Our Biggest Challenges
TEDxMidAtlantic: How a Team of Chefs Fed Puerto Rico After Hurricane Maria
Building an Innovative Global Brand
A creative visionary whose passion fueled the growth of some of the country’s most successful and trendsetting restaurants, José Andrés’ innovation and drive has propelled his business to phenomenal success in the U.S. and around the globe. In this candid presentation, Andrés shares with audiences his remarkable American success story, describing what it takes to make your vision a reality and foster a culture of creativity and innovation. Audiences will learn:
- How to move outside your comfort zones to achieve your goals
- The story behind Andrés’ remarkable rise from his immigrant roots to the peak of his profession
- How to revolutionize your business model by treating customers as partners rather than guests
Creativity and Innovation for a Better Tomorrow
Described by The Wall Street Journal as “a force of nature, the Energizer Bunny, the Tasmanian devil, and Luke Skywalker,” José Andrés is not your typical “chef” by any stretch of the imagination. As a man with 13 restaurants; numerous prestigious accolades, including the James Beard Award for Outstanding Chef in America, the highest honor in the U.S. restaurant industry; owner of ThinkFoodGroup, a company with 800 employees and an annual revenue of $75 million; a sought-after TV icon; a political activist; and a professor at Harvard, Andrés’s secret to success is evident in his being so passionate about creativity and innovation that he has no problem rolling up his sleeves and doing the heavy lifting himself. In a presentation chock-full of edge-of-your-seat anecdotes, Andrés proves that a culture of innovation and creativity not only leads to personal success, but also a better tomorrow for all.
Changing the World Through the Power of Food
With a mission to change the world through the power of food, José Andrés has dedicated himself to not just feeding the few at his award-winning restaurants, but to feeding the many as well. Alongside his non-profit organization World Central Kitchen, Andrés works to find smart solutions to hunger and poverty around the world, focusing on health, education, and jobs. Beginning with his experience volunteering in Haiti after the 2010 earthquake, Andrés realized that food can be used to empower communities and strengthen economies. In an uplifting and inspirational presentation, Andrés shares stories and images from his travels, including the work he has done in promoting clean cookstove technology, improving kitchens in urban and rural schools, and launching culinary projects to create jobs and increase opportunities for families in Haiti and around the world.
People also viewed:
Former Senior White House Policy Advisor for Nutrition and Executive Director, Let’s Move!; Founder, Trove; Partner, Acre Venture Partners; Author, Eat a Little Better: Great Flavor, Good Health, Better World
World-Renowned, Award-Winning Photographer, and Master Storyteller
World-renowned Magician and Endurance Artist